May 22, 2024
Ashley Paul Griffith

The man accused of being Australia’s worst-ever pedophile has been rushed to hospital after being attacked by an inmate in prison.

Ashley Paul Griffith faces more than 1600 charges relating to the sexual abuse of 91 girls at childcare centres in Brisbane, Sydney and abroad over a 15-year period.

Charges include rape, indecent treatment of children and making and possessing child exploitation material.

Now, The Courier-Mail exclusively reports an inmate at Wolston Prison in Brisbane attacked the pale monster on Friday, pouring boiling water over him.

The incident reportedly occurred just after midday.

“The Courier-Mail was told the prisoner may have even added jam to the hot water to make the assault more painful,” the newspaper’s exclusive detailed.

The Courier-Mail reports the pedophile was taken to Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital for treatment for facial burns.

Queensland Corrective Services has confirmed an incident had taken place. Queensland Police are now investigating.

“One prisoner was assessed by medical staff on site with no treatment required and the other has been transported to hospital for further assessment,” a QCS spokesman said in a statement.

“No officers were injured in the incident.”

Griffith was first arrested in August 2022 but the case was only made public in recent months, when the Australian Federal Police made details of the case public.

Law enforcement officers examined thousands of images that were found on electronic devices belonging to the 45-year-old Gold Coast pervert.

He has been charged with 136 counts of rape, 604 charges of indecent treatment of a child, and 613 counts of making child exploitation material in Queensland alone.

In New South Wales, he faces: 68 counts of sexual intercourse with a child under 10; 42 counts of aggravated sexual intercourse with a child under 10; 69 counts of aggravated indecent assault; and one count of producing child abuse material.

Authorities claim the offences occurred Sydney and Brisbane between 2007 to 2013 and 2018 to 2022, and also in Europe in 2013 and 2014.

The AFP has stated that it is “highly confident” that 87 children have been identified, and their families have been informed of the investigation.

“The AFP is highly confident that all the Australian children who were recorded in the alleged child-abuse material have been identified,” AFP Assistant Commissioner Justine Gough said.

“This is a distressing time for families, carers and the community broadly.”

Police allege videos and photographs produced by Griffith were first spotted on a dark web platform by investigators in 2014.

However, it wasn’t until August 2022 that objects in the background of the videos and photographs were traced back to a Brisbane childcare centre by the Australian Federal Police.

The child rapist remained anonymous until last week when new laws came into effect in Queensland, overturning a previous ban on naming people charged with rape until they stand trial.

He had spent much of the past year in protective custody at the state’s remand centre, Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre. He was recently transferred to Wolston.

Source: https://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/man-accused-of-being-australias-worstever-pedophile-allegedly-attacked-in-prison-by-fellow-inmate/news-story/215fa7f0e57fa60f6634921aa9f783c9

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *